Wednesday, July 26, 2006

when the burden seems too much to bear, remember the end will justify the pain it took to get us there

I have yet to actually launch the plan to make the time go by faster. Since the other day, I haven't packed anything. I get in these moods where I clean like mad. Then after that, nothing. I think now is the "after" time.

I'm going to the gym today. I'm pretty excited about that. I have 27 days to slim down a little. I figure, if in those 27 days I can tone up, then I'll feel better about myself and I'll still be motivated to go to the gym when I get back to school.

I've figured out that my day is going to have to start earlier than I had originally planned. I'm not going to be able to work past 1 a.m. this semester. I'm also not going to be able to come home from work and stay on the computer until 3 in the morning. I want to go to the gym in the mornings, before class. So I figure, I have to get up around 8 or 8:30. It gives me time to do my quiet time, because I know that if I don't do it first thing in the morning then I won't do it all day. Though, pointing that out is kinda pointless anyway because the Bible tells us that we should do it in the morning. After that, I'll still have enough time to spend an hour at the gym. Then I'll come back and shower and be in class at 11 on Mondays and Wednesdays. Tuesdays and Thursdays will be easier because I don't have a class until 2, and Friday I have no classes. I'm debating whether I should go to the gym 5 days a week, or 3. I'm having a hard time deciding. If I go 5 days, I'll see results faster. If I go 3, I won't feel like my schedule is so hectic. Except, I know that if I don't go at least 3 then eventually I'll stop going altogether, and I don't want that. I think the first week, I'll go 3 days and see what my schedule is like. Then, if time allows, I'll go 5 days a week. It's going to be hard to get into the work routine again. I'll be working anywhere from 6 p.m. until 2 a.m. Though, if I can help it, it will be only until 1 a.m. Shifts are 5 hours. Even though I'm awake til 1 a.m. I don't have to get up at 8:30 in the morning. So it's going to be an adjustment. I don't want to overdo it my first week back. Right now, a lot is up in the air. Aside from classes and work, I've also got the leadership position at the BCM, and apparently I'll be helping organize activities. I'm super excited about it. Then Thursday nights are booked after like 6. And Sundays are pretty busy. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to handle it. Though there may be a few times where I'll be knitting like crazy. It's what I do when I get super stressed. Come to think of it, I may not have time to spend an hour at the gym monday and wednesday mornings. I don't know how long it's going to take me to a) get from my dorm to the gym and b) from my dorm to class. And then to take a shower and get dressed and get all my stuff. An hour just might not be enough time. I guess we'll see.

I can't believe it's already Wednesday. Time is going by so quickly :) There's no Big Brother tonight, but Rockstar:Supernova is on, so it's okay.

I guess that's all for now. I had more to say, but I think it's better off in a different post. I'll work on that tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I personally really agree with everything you say! I really like bloggin too and oh my gosh dont even get me started on Big Brother! I swear that dude is so gay! I have been reading your blogs for quite a while now but I haven't plucked up the courage to comment! I just want you to know that your my blogging role model!

CaroDonehew said...

oh man! i'm so excited!! 4 weeks from today!! woohoo!!! :D