Saturday, July 08, 2006

from the broken earth flowers come up pushing through the dirt

Hmm. There's a couple things going on, and I don't know where to start. I guess I'll start with the good and end with the bad, eh?

I found out that Jonathan is planning on going to London in a few months. And apparently, he's planning on living there for a while after college. Which was something we had talked about doing together, I guess it never occurred to me that he'd do it without me. But the good part is this: when I got down to it, and was honest with myself, it didn't affect me. I was apathetic towards it. Normally, I would have been sad because they were plans we'd kinda made together. I guess this means that I've moved on. :)

So I went to church tonight. And it was. I don't know what it was. It just was. In a way, it was good. I knew that I had gone for a reason. The pastor that spoke wasn't the normal pastor, so it was different. But the message was good. It was on how we should respond to pain and suffering. It was a good message. And Tammy Trent was there. The first concert I'd ever been to, she opened for Petra. I was 9. But I digress. I got to hear her testimony, so that was cool. But I wasn't really in the mood for a concert. I wanted to go worship. Let me just say that our worship band (it's not really a band) consists of a guy and three girls with a guitarist and a drummer. And they're good, but not for worship. See, when I'm worshipping, I like to sing with the band, not be led by the guy with the microphone. That's not worship to me. I don't need to be instructed on what to do. If I want to clap, I'll clap. If I want to lift my hands, I will. If not, then please just let me worship in my own way. But I feel like it's a sing along and he's the ring leader. All in all, not a good worship atmosphere. And I don't know why, but they take awesome worship songs and tweak them so that they're hard to sing. I don't know, maybe I'm just being picky. It's hard to believe, because before I left here, I fell in love with this church. But now that I've got a church that I go to on a regular basis, and I love the worship service there, this church just doesn't feel right to me.

I guess I'll just keep praying about it and see what happens.

2 comments:

Aparajita Paul said...

wow...love this layout!

CaroDonehew said...

yay... i'm happy for you about the thing with jonathan. maybe we can go to london after graduation... hmm... that'd be fun...always wanted to go to London...