Saturday, July 29, 2006

Warning: Not for the easily offended. This post has numerous references to God and His amazing works.

I'm continually amazed by the way God works.

Even through something as simple as a photograph.

Not too long ago this would have broken me. It would have evoked a sadness beyond understanding. It would have made me cry. It would have made me think that God was giving me a sign that I had made the wrong decision.

But now. Now is a different story. It brought back a memory. A good memory. It made me smile. What I didn't do was cry. I wasn't sad. What that picture represented to me was the amazing way God works. I was reminded of the passion with which I begged God to take him out of my life. I was reminded of the feeling of relief and peace when God answered my prayers. I remembered the longing, and the struggle with my decision. I remembered wondering if I had done the right thing.

Now I know. Don't misunderstand. That was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in my short life. It doesn't mean that I don't care about him, because I do. I think I always will. I feel like I'm constantly overexplaining what happened. So I won't do that.

Instead I'll be thankful that God answers my prayers. I'll rest in His mercy and know that He has a reason for everything. I'll take comfort in the knowledge that His love is all that I need in my life right now, and He'll bring someone in my life when it's the right time.

1 comment:

CaroDonehew said...

what picture? i'm kinda curious...