Thursday, July 27, 2006

My letter to Reality TV

Dear Reality Televison,

I hate beating around the bush, so I'm just gonna say it.

We're having problems.

I won't lie to you, either. It's not me. It's you.

I don't know what the problem is. Lately, things just haven't been the same. You're not the same program that I fell in love with. What happened to the good times? What happened to the drama? Now it seems that you're humorless and completely unoriginal. Quite frankly I'm disgusted. It's almost as if you'll let anyone in on the action. In the beginning, it was great. It wasn't wholesome, but it was great. Then you started adding more programs. At first it was just MTV. Then the basic channels started to get in on the action. I'll admit, I was a bit jealous at first. Eventually, I actually came to like some of the programming. Then A&E, VH1, and TLC got in on the action. I quickly realized that I had to grow with the times, and even liked some of the programs offered. Then Bravo got in on the action. I thought to myself "well, it's going a little far, but I enjoy Queer Eye For The Straight Guy and Blowout, so I guess I can learn to live with it."

And then it happened. The thing that ended our great love affair.

Sci-Fi happened.

How could you do this to me? I thought what we had was great, but it seems that you'll take anyone. And by anyone I mean everyone. I can't do this anymore. I'm going back to the originals, and after that. It's over.

I don't love you anymore,
Me

No comments: