Tuesday, July 04, 2006

oh the fun to be had

So overall, today was pretty good. I spent a couple hours at the beach with my family, minus my brother, plus my aunt and cousin. I got a little burnt, but not too bad. Though I do have a funny tan/burn on my face because of my sunglasses. After the beach we came home and barbecued. It was delicious. And we hung out in the pool, and had some drinks. We then drove three minutes to watch the fireworks display at the high school. Keep in mind, it took us three minutes. We got there an hour before the fireworks display. And it was fun. Oh there was fun to be had. I love it when my dad and aunt get together because it's hilarious. I can honestly say I haven't seen that many rednecks in one place since I moved here. And then there were these people:

Oh yes. It was, indeed, a high class affair. We even had a cover band to serenade us with great country hits. And Sweet Home Alabama. Except. They didn't know the words. Which just made it hilarious. I'm pretty sure afterwards, the guy in the aforementioned truck rounded up all his confederate buddies and had a word with the band, if you catch my drift. After the fireworks, leaving the school was horrific, yet hilarious. It took us at least 10 minutes to get out of the parking lot. Only to be directed in the opposite way of where we needed to be by a cute, yet clueless rookie officer. Oh yes, fun times to be had. My aunt got out of the car a few times because people weren't driving the way she wanted them to. And I'm pretty sure someone got tasered. At least once. Oh the fun. It took us thirty minutes to get home. Thirty minutes for a drive which previously took 3. Once we finally got home, we lit off most of our legal fireworks. Oh yes, it was fun. Let me stress the word legal. All in all, it was a good day.

1 comment:

CaroDonehew said...

and fun times were had by all... :)