Thursday, July 20, 2006

"I cried to the Lord with my voice, and He heard me from His holy hill" Psalm 3:4

It's true. That's how it happened. When I was at my lowest, at my weakest, I called out to God. He did more than answer, He pulled me out of that place. My life changed forever. I was changed forever. There's no way to ignore a drastic change like the one that occurred in my life. Literally, within 24 hours I felt like a completely different person. I may not have always been happy, but I always had joy. That's a comforting feeling. Since that point, my life hasn't always been great. I haven't been perfect. But there's still been joy, that I can't explain or describe. Only those who know the joy of God's rescue can understand.

I am, however, having a problem with my quiet time. By that I mean that I don't do it. It's not like I have any excuse or reason. It's not like I don't have ample time on my hands. It just never gets done. Though, I did do it yesterday, and today. But it's not on a regular basis. I'm trying to fix that. I don't know why I have a hard time doing it. I honestly don't even think about it most days. The days that I do think about it, I keep putting it off. "I'll do it after I finish this article." "Let me just read this one blog, then I'll do it." "Let me check my email one last time." Those are some of the common excuses I use to procrastinate. Then before I know it, it's two in the morning and I'm too exhausted. I fear that I'll fall asleep in the middle of it. So another day goes by where it doesn't get done. I'm trying to fix that.

Currently I'm doing my devotionals in Psalms, which is how I came across the title of this entry. And it was so fitting for quite a few times in the past months. It was true when I gave my life completely to God, in November. When I abandoned the partying, and the drinking. I cried out for help. It was true in February, when again I found myself in an unhealthy relationship. I begged God to remove it from my life. Not only did He do that, but He gave me the courage to do it myself. And I can't tell you how relieved, how amazing, I felt afterwards. So again, I'm crying out. I need to get out of this place. I need to be pulled out of my complacency. This comfort is very uncomfortable. But not uncomfortable in the way that a Christian should be uncomfortable. Uncomfortable because I know that I'm not where I should be.

No comments: