Thursday, July 13, 2006

"But I have trusted in Your mercy; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord because He has been good to me" Psalm 13:5-6

So I feel much better. I decided to shut off the computer for a few hours. I swam in the pool. In the rain. Then my family came home, and we had pizza. Then we watched tv for a while. I wasn't really feeling well, physically that is. Aside from the mental unwellness. I think I may be getting sick. That might explain why I don't feel right. Well, whatever reason, I feel much better now. I think I might shut the computer off early tonight and read a book. Except, I won't stay up until 4:30 doing it again. Last night after getting offline, I decided to open up A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks. I've seen the movie, but never read the book. I was surprised at how good it actually was. It was way better than the movie, but then, most books usually are. Well, I haven't seen The Notebook, but I've read the book. I heard they were pretty close. Anyway, the book was so good that I couldn't put it down. Even though I knew how it ended, I had to finish it. So I was up until 4:30 a.m. reading it. I just have to decide what I want to read next. I have to stay mentally stimulated. TV just isn't working. I'm actually rather bored with it lately. Except, of course, for Big Brother and Rockstar:Supernova. Because they just kick serious butt. At least in my household.
But I digress.
I've decided that tonight may be a good night to start catching up on my world news. So I checked out some news sites. I wasn't really surprised to see that not a lot had changed since the last time I read the papers. Which actually wasn't that long ago. It just seems like it's been a while. Obviously, there have been some important events (N. Korea and the nuclear testing, for example,) but we're still at war in Iraq. I'm positive I would know if that was over, whether I kept up with news or not. I know that Italy won the World Cup. I also know that Zinedine Zidane head-butted Marco Materazzi in the final game. What I don't know is who either of them are. Oh well. I still don't understand what the fuss was all about. Stuff like that happens all the time in hockey, but it never makes the news, especially for an entire week.
Well, I guess that's it for now. Time to surf the blog world, and see what's going on offline in the rest of the world (by reading online news sources, of course.) Perhaps I'll update again, should something strike my fancy.

No comments: