Sunday, July 30, 2006

O Praise the One who paid my debt and raised this life up from the dead

"Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow."
I absolutely love this version of Jesus Paid It All. It's one of the greatest worship songs, in my opinion. Passion Worship Band sings it on their album Everything Glorious. We sang it this morning in church.

Oh my gosh!

I went to the early service this morning. I was so surprised that I woke up that early! I'm really happy that I went, though. We had a guest speaker who spoke about forever friendship. That was something I really needed to hear. God really convicted me this morning. It was definitely an awesome morning! We also had a guest worship band. They were from California. They were really good and they did all my favorite worship songs! This is my favorite, though. I've been listening to it all day.

Today has been a really good day. My mom made a delicious dinner. For the first time in a week, my brother was home. So the entire family got to eat dinner together. Then I napped. For 3 hours. Then we all watched Big Brother. Such a good show. I'm proud of Janelle for putting up one of the chill town alliance. It's about time!

I've been spending a lot of time these last couple days talking to a guy that I know. To be honest, I kinda thought that he had forgotten about me. I think it's so cool that we've been having the conversations we've been having. He's really intelligent and we have some pretty deep conversations. When I get back we're supposed to do a bible study together. I'm excited about that. He told me that he's excited about it, too. Which is a pretty cool thing, I think. We'll see how this friendship goes. I'm not really sure where he stands on a lot of things, but I get the feeling that he's more conservative than I am when it comes to some stuff. I also kinda get the feeling that he's a fire and brimstone kinda guy. I guess we'll see. He does want to be a missionary, and I think that's pretty freakin' cool. Just not for me.

Okay. I'm gonna post the lyrics to this song, cuz I just can't get enough of it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. You dont know me. This blog is old. I was searching for "praise the one who paid my debts" on google and found your page. I love this song. It brought me alot closer to God when I heard it at CIY. Just thought I'd post.

Unknown said...

I was google searching the lyrics to this song and found this page. I had a stressful day yesterday and asked the Lord last night if I could somehow glorify Him while I slept (I wasn't doing a very good job during the day). I had a dream and I was leading a huge group in worship with this song.

Your blog is encouraging.

Martha said...

I googled this song too to see who sang it. I think it's such a great addition to the song and a great song to worship to. Thanks for posting it on your blog!

JK said...

I was google searching for this song and your blog popped up - thanks for posting! And love your assertions about the song and the band. It is a powerful worship song indeed. :)

Anonymous said...

lol, I was looking for the name of the song and googled the first line as well!