Sunday, July 23, 2006

the coldest heart can be brought to life when it is thrown into the fire of goodbyes

This weekend has been very eventful.

Saturday I woke up at 9:30 (!!) I can't remember the last time I woke up that early. I found out that we were taking my sister shopping for school. It also meant that I got to go shopping for new clothes! We decided to head south, which was fruitful for my sister, but not for me. We did have lunch at a Mexican restaurant that we've never eaten at before. I thoroughly enjoyed it. After that we decided to take the slower route home. We ended up going to the mall here, where I spent most of my money at Old Navy. Normally I don't shop there, but they had really good sales and I got some cute stuff! We stopped at a few other little stores, and I picked up some other stuff. It was a very good day. We got home around 7 p.m. I was so exhausted that I went to bed at 9 p.m. Hence the lack of posting last night. There were a few times when I got into an argument with my parents, and a couple times feelings were hurt (on both sides.)

This morning, I woke up at 9. It's not that surprising, seeing as how I'd slept for almost 12 hours. To avoid the same situation as yesterday, with the hurt feelings and whatnot, I decided to do my devotional this morning. It definitely calmed me, and I prayed for patience throughout the day. I have to say, it made all the different. My family has a habit of picking on each other. A lot. There are a lot of insults thrown around. I prayed that God would help me to not insult any member of my family. And today was much better! We went thrift shopping. I think this is my family's favorite thing to do together. My mom passed her love of thrift stores onto me and my sister. So that's what we did. We had lunch at Sonny's BBQ. Good times. Now we're just at home relaxing, and waiting for Big Brother tonight. Nominations! I'm so excited. I have absolutely no idea what to expect. I never do with James.

Oh yeah. A couple things.

My brother wasn't home this weekend. :( He went to his friends house. He hasn't exactly been spending a lot of time with the family lately. I don't really know what's going on with him. He's 19 and doesn't really have any direction in his life. Please pray for him. He was saved a few years ago, but I don't know how his relationship with God is.

My parents are having a hard time with church. Not in the way that I am. They love this church, they just aren't going. They always talk about how they need to start going again, but it never turns into action. Please pray for them, that they would turn their thoughts into actions.

My little sister is getting lost in the shuffle. As far as I know, she isn't saved. I don't think she's been baptized. I know she doesn't go to church, and she doesn't particularly enjoy it. I think it's mostly because my parents aren't taking her, and they aren't showing an interest. I'd like to think that I'm doing the best I can, but I can't say that in all honesty. I'm really not doing the best I can. Pray for her, please.

Also, I've had a really hard time with spending the summer being at home. I know God has a purpose, but I don't know what it is. I feel like time is running out. Please pray that God reveals the purpose to me.

No comments: