Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Since I'm in the spirit

I decided that it would be a good idea (and a good way to procrastinate) to make a list of some of my favorite Christmas albums, along with favorite song on the album. Oh yes, I am a model student.

  • Michael Buble - Let It Snow (of course!)
    • White Christmas
  • Relient K - Deck The Halls, Bruise Your Hand
    • 12 Days of Christmas
  • Third Day - Christmas Offerings
    • Do You Hear What I Hear?
  • Ella Fitzgerald - Ella Wishes You A Swinging Christmas
    • Sleigh Ride
  • Harry Connick Jr. - Harry For The Holidays
    • Nothin' New for New Year (I know it's sad, oh well!)
  • Hanson - Snowed In (don't laugh! it's good!)
    • Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
There are also a lot of artists that don't have Christmas albums (shame on them!) or songs I like that aren't on any particular albums.

  • The Drifters - White Christmas
  • Jessica Simpson - What Christmas Means To Me
  • Audio Adrenaline - Little Drummer Boy
  • Copeland - Do You Hear What I Hear?
  • Bing Crosby w/ David Bowie - Little Drummer Boy/Peace On Earth
  • The Darkness - Christmas Time
  • Pedro The Lion - I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day
  • Leon Redbone & Zooey Deschanel - Baby It's Cold Outside (my second favorite song!)
  • Hellogoodbye - Winter Wonderland
  • Flyleaf - Do You Hear What I Hear? (my favorite Christmas song)
  • Rob Thomas - New York City Christmas
  • The Ronettes - Sleigh Ride
  • Spoken - Mary Did You Know
Of course, it just wouldn't be good Christmas music without Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Perry Como, and the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Plus, I like instrumental stuff, like Dave Koz and Kenny G.

yeah. I'm weird. Whatever.

2 comments:

Ronnie said...

I'll have to check some of these out! I enjoy Russ Taff's Christmas album...don't remember the title at the moment, but nice jazzy stuff. It is a little old, but you may find it.I'll see what else I have at home and share....

heiresschild said...

i love michael buble. i also love the christmas cds by my all-time favorite artist, michael w. smith. he has a new christmas cd this year--the first one in a few years. i'll have to check out some of the others on your list.