Wednesday, October 10, 2007

mmm wine and good music

I like the freedom of writing. Sometimes it just feels good to write with no set purpose. I'm thankful for an outlet that lets me do that. I'm also thankful for the (relative) anonymity of this blog. With the exception of a handful of people, no one that I know reads this. That gives me freedom to talk about things that I wouldn't discuss with just anyone. I can be honest, and I don't feel that I have to pretend for the sake of other people or to "save face." I'm thankful for that, too.

I've noticed that a lot of people who blog do it with purpose. There are political blogs, entertainment blogs, people who consider themselves experts on one thing or another and they blog about that. There are blogs on knitting, scrapbooking, music and movies. For a while I struggled with the "purpose" of my blog. I thought that the reason for it was to get a billion people to read my blog. I felt that somehow that validated me. But now, I'm kind of glad that I don't have that many people. It would be overwhelming, and I would feel pressure to live up to some sort of standards.

Anyway. That was just a lot of rambling. I'm in a pretty mellow mood tonight. Not a whole lot going on. I've strayed from Christmas music for the moment, and I'm listening to a playlist in iTunes that is titled "mellow." It's mosty jazz music, but there's also a few vocals thrown in here and there that are calming. I managed to get through today without doing any homework. But thats okay, because I'm not behind like I thought I was. I'm actually doing pretty well. I thought that I had stuff due next week that isn't due until the week after, so that's a huge relief.

Here's to hoping that a good glass of wine will help me sleep better. The last couple of nights I've had a hard time sleeping.

Oh and this might be TMI but I pretty much don't care. I know I'm gonna start my period because I was in a cleaning frenzy today. And I can tell that I will be tomorrow too. It always happens the week before I start. Lucky me.

2 comments:

kris said...

hey girl, it's your blog, do whatever you want with it. maybe it's purpose is just being an outlet for you:) that's all mine is, i write what i want. i get on a birthing blog sopabox sometimes, but lately it's been mostly just stupid life stuff that no body really cares about, but it's what i wanna srite about so i do:)

heiresschild said...

hi amber, i agree with kris. my philosophy about blogs is "it's your blog, so you can write about whatever." those who want to read it, will, and those who don't like it or don't want to read it, won't. i like the simplicity of just writing whatever's on my heart. some of mine are more serious than others. those are the ones from my personal experiences, but i love the fun, lighthearted posts.