Monday, October 01, 2007

Ahh..... clarity

I'm so thankful for friends that I can confide in, and who will give me advice. I'm also grateful that I can talk to my parents about what's going on. I was able to talk to my dad a little bit today about the things that I've been faced with the past couple of days. Even though he didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know, or hadn't already heard, he did reinforce a lot of the things that I have been thinking. He also pointed out things that I had thought about but didn't really give any weight to. Since talking to him, I have felt so much better about things. I realize now that this is just a part of maturing and moving on.

Honestly, I feel relieved. I'm ready to move into a more professional part of my life. I realize now that this means getting rid of some of the things (and people) that were holding me back.

1 comment:

kara said...

It's rare for parents to be so in tune with what their children are feeling. Unless they're psychic and have one of those shows on the "Oh" channel.