Sunday, October 21, 2007

MMMMMMm Teegeback

This weekend was a good mix of decisions, some bad, most good. But it was definitely an experience. It's always a weird feeling when you feel, yet again, that you and your friends are in different stages of life. Then there are friends where you wonder what you were ever thinking. That was sort of the case this weekend. When she and I first became friends, I was still into partying and she was just the friend to do it with. I realized this weekend that she's still into it, and I'm not. Did you ever have that friend that after some time apart, you started to miss, and then you spend some time together and you just get so annoyed that you realize why you don't spend more time together? Yup. That was my weekend. Aside from that, though, the trip itself was pretty fun. Well, most of it. Friday night (well saturday morning around 5:30) I woke up to see a hand moving the curtain of my hotel room. Yeah, that pretty much put any chance of sleeping to rest. So I spent the better part of 2 hours dealing with the hotel staff (who was fantastic about everything) and the cops. The hotel comped our stay and put us up at another hotel Saturday night for free. A much nice hotel in a much nicer part of town. Saturday night we spent 6 hours at an amusement park. Sleeping after that was bliss. Then today we slowly made our way home. I'm relieved to be home, though. I miss sleeping in my bed when I'm gone. When I got home, my mom had baked my favorite Christmas cookies! What a great way to come home. I could smell them as soon as I opened the door. It was fantastic. I'm actually eating them as I type this! So I was lucky this weekend, in a lot of ways. God was really watching out for me. It actually made me rethink a lot of things. The Bible says that God is faithful to the faithful. Well that certainly must be true, because I haven't been very faithful, but God has! It's an eye-opener, I tell you what.

So this week I'm really going to make an effort. I have a lot of homework to do, I have a research paper that I really need to get started on and tomorrow I have a test to study for and then take on Tuesday. Right now I'm just spending some time with my family. Oh, I came home to the news that my brother had moved home. So that'll be interesting. I guess that's all I've got for now.

1 comment:

CaroDonehew said...

freaking cow! i'm pretty sure i'd wet myself about that guy trying to get in...