Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Nicotine is just about as toxic as cyanide.

So today has actually turned out not to be that bad.

Well, after I got sick from the stress that I had put myself under. Before that, I was a mess! Alls well that ends well, I hear. I finished studying for my test and got a B. Which means that right now I have a B average in the class. I'm pretty happy with that, though I'd like to turn it into an A if possible. Today is also the second day that I've successfully done my quiet time. I think that's making a huge difference. I actually felt 100% less stressed afterwards.

I also managed to get in a couple yoga poses between studying and my test. I think that helped my muscles to not be so tense.

Part of the reason that I was stressed was because I thought I was behind in my classes, but it turns out I'm not. I'm actually right on schedule. I'd like to be a little bit ahead, but I worry that if I do that then I'll think that I'm more ahead than I actually am and then cause myself to fall behind. I can be lazy like that.

Anyway. We're having tacos for dinner and I'm pretty excited about that.

3 comments:

kara said...

WHAT a coincidence. I'm having super nachos for dinner. I'm also excited. What is it about mexican food that makes me want to clap my hands and jump up and down? Is it the crack that they put in it?

Ronnie said...

Glad to hear your keeping your "goal" of quiet time front and center. That's something I would like to do.....I have to admit...you have put thes thoughts front and center.

heiresschild said...

i love tacos.

i don't know if i mentioned it here before (i did somewhere), but my daughter took yoga when she was in college to help her with stress and classes. it really helped her too.