Thursday, October 25, 2007

I need a strong drink and a coma.

It's amazing what you can accomplish with sheer adrenaline. Today I woke up, tired like I've never been with the worst cramps in the world. I couldn't move they were so bad. Luckily I keep Midol on my headboard for emergencies such as this. Not five minutes after I woke up I got a phone call from my mother. She was calling to tell me that my grandparents were coming for a visit and were less than an hour away. Oh, and that the house needed to be cleaned ASAP. I wanted to cry. It was just my sister and I and I couldn't ask her to do everything by herself. So here I am in pain and cranky. I had to force myself out of bed. Well the house got cleaned (in record time, I might add) but still no sign of the grandparents. Turns out they're now 40 minutes away. They've decided to take their time and stop at a few little places here and there. They're going to be a while. Meanwhile, it's been a few hours since the house needed to be cleaned. I could have slept through the cramps and still had time to clean! How frustrating. Then, on top of that, my bedroom was volunteered for them to stay in. So now I've been kicked out of my comfortable place! Of all the days!

I am pretty proud though. I managed to take a little time before cleaning to do my quiet time. Perhaps that's what got me through!

1 comment:

heiresschild said...

ahhhh, the days of cramps--my sympathies to you. i couldn't even get out of bed when i was younger. after my first child, i didn't get them that bad anymore.