Saturday, October 06, 2007

mmmmm cookies

So this is going to reveal the strangeness that is my family, but I don't care. I love my family, and yes they're strange, but so am I.

My mom is baking (hooray!) and we're listening to Christmas music.

Yes, you read that right. Christmas music. Meanwhile, it's like 95 degrees outside. Unbearably hot. I wish it would cool down. She has also decided to order LL Bean catalogs. Yesterday I posted about kind of missing the changing of the seasons, but today it hit me hard. I miss it really badly. The catalog has all kinds of winter stuff in it, and seeing the beautiful pictures of the snow made me miss it terribly. I suddenly realized that there's no way I could live here for the rest of my life. Aside from the fact that the cost of living is pretty high, it's all one season practically. Two, if you really want to be technical. That's not the point. I realized today that I don't want to live here. Once I'm done with college, I think I'm going to look into moving somewhere a little north of here. If you had asked me 7 years ago when I moved here if I would ever miss it up north, I would have laughed at you. I honestly thought I wouldn't, but now I do. It's weird. What's worse is that this is the only thing that I'm positively for sure of about what I want to do after college. Law school scares the bejeebus out of me.

4 comments:

Ronnie said...

Hey, no worries here! I have my kids listening to Christmas tunes too! I actually started late this year...October instead of September. Sounds good to me!Yes, the north is much better. I hate the heat!

kris said...

ah! and i was so sure i was going to beat you this year ron!

ronnie and i have this ongoing game of who gets it out 1st, and who sees snow 1st.

i've decided norah jones needs a christmas cd.

Ronnie said...

I AGREE! COMPLETELY!

Amber said...

I'm so jealous of both of you! I want snow!!!!