Monday, October 01, 2007

Growing Pains

Maturing is a difficult situation. I guess that's the right word for it? i don't even know. It's a strange feeling when you feel as if you're outgrowing your peers. I mean, it really wouldn't be the first time in my life, I guess. I've always been a little more mature than my peers. But now it's a different situation. I think living at home has really propelled me into the "young professional" mode. It's something that I actually find myself enjoying. I love getting all dressed up, and I'm excited about the kind of work atmosphere that I'm finding myself in with the types of jobs that I'm getting into.

I don't know. I'm just in a weird place. I find myself not having much in common with the people that I used to. There are a few people here that I don't feel that with, and for that I'm grateful. But it's hard when one of them is moving away at the same time that I'm moving back and the other is engaged and has a busy schedule. This is sort of presenting an issue for me (mostly when I move back) because the things that I enjoy doing are not the things that other people I know enjoy doing. I like going out for drinks, which is one of the biggest things because most of the people that I hang out with don't drink. I am not really that fond of sitting around and doing nothing a lot. At least when I'm hanging out with friends. But more than that, I just feel like I don't have anything in common with any of these people.

I just don't know. I'm excited about moving back. I just hope that I'm able to find people that I have similar interests with. Plus, hopefully by then one of the people that I do have these things in common with will have moved back.

I don't really know what else to say. Now I just feel as if I'm repeating myself. This trip has been interesting and I've realized a lot.

No comments: