Monday, October 29, 2007

mmmmmmmm cake.

There isn't anything that bothers me more than someone who acts like my friend and pretends like they're interested in my life when they really aren't. I knew when this friendship started that it was not going to be a lifelong friendship. I knew that I was put in her life to be a good friend to her. I knew that she wasn't going to be one of the good friends that I needed and that I would not be able to confide in her. What bothers me is that after not hearing from her for months (I'm talking something like four months) she all of a sudden decides that she's going to pretend like it's no big deal. She's asking about my life like she's interested. But actions speak louder than words, and asking about what's been going on doesn't make up for the four months where I didn't hear from her at all. It just bothers me is all. It's not that I think she's necessarily being fake, I just think that she's trying to be my friend when she really isn't.

So I turned on the tv around 7:15ish and just happened to catch Barack Obama's open forum on MTV. I'm not really sure how I feel about him. Honestly I don't know how he stands on the issues that are important to me. That's probably because I'm being pretty lazy right now and haven't been researching the candidates and where they stand. I have to say, though, one thing that really impresses me about him is that he seems to be the only candidate who is concerned with the younger population of voters. I like that he is not ashamed of his faith and doesn't try to push it into the background. I really need to get all my information together and figure out who I'm going to support. Plus, although we aren't even to the primaries yet, there's only about a year until the election and time is flying!

So, aside from Saturday, I've been doing my quiet time every day. Right now I'm working on not having any expectations so I won't be disappointed. It's kind of difficult, but I'm working on it. Plus, for some reason I have a hard time being quiet for so long. Working on that, too.

Random thought: I want cake.

1 comment:

heiresschild said...

i've had a couple of 'friends' like that. the difference is this time, they're no longer on my 'friend' list. i'm at a point in my life where i want stability, even in my friendships.