Thursday, August 10, 2006

it's two bare feet on the dashboard, young love in an old ford, cheap shades and a tattoo and a yoohoo bottle on the floorboard

It's been a couple days since my last post.

There's a few updates.

I still have no housing assignment, so I don't know where I'll be living. I'm just hoping right now that I get my assignment before the 20th. I think I may have to force them to give me one. Right now I'm just praying that I don't have to do that.

I won't be able to pick up a few shifts that week. It's a little sad, but no big deal. Also, by the time we do start working again, we'll have a new boss.

I did get my hair cut! I love it! I think it's the best job that anyone has done on my hair in a long time. I have really long, thick hair. So it's kind of hard to find someone/somewhere that will do a good job.

More importantly, not only have I been packing, but I've also gone through all my boxes of stuff in my room and gotten rid of a lot. Thank God for freecycle. (there's a link to freecycle on the right. Check it out! It's a good way to get rid of stuff you don't want that someone else might be able to use or need and it doesn't go to the landfill!)

So it's coming down to the last week here. It's kind of bittersweet. I love my family, and I wish that I had done more with the time that I had with them. That's my fault, though, because I wasted it. So now I'm trying to make the best of the time that I have left. I've been spending a lot more time with my brother. My sister started school this week, so it's a little harder to spend time with her, but I'm managing as well as possible. I'll be leaving before her 17th birthday, that makes me a little sad. I know it makes her sad too. Man, I feel old. My baby sister is 17. Time is flying by.

Other than that, not much has been going on. Just trying to get everything packed ahead of time, so I don't feel rushed the last couple of days. I think that's all I've got to say, for now.

No comments: