Friday, August 11, 2006

He is everything that we need

I know that everything happens for a reason. Nothing is coincidence, and there are no "accidents" when it comes to life. I know God has a reason for this, but heck if I know what it is. I can't help but be a little upset, even though I'm trying not to. I'm thankful that at least I got in, but I know that I could be more thankful.

I got my housing assignment today. Well, technically I haven't gotten it yet, but I know the building I'll be in and the room number. It's the one I was in last year, except the other building. Which means I'll have a roommate. This is not what I wanted. Apparently, what I wanted wasn't a factor. I was looking forward to living in an apartment, and most importantly having the privacy of my own room. I was told that I got one of the last rooms, and that every room on campus is full. I can go two weeks after school starts and find out who didn't show up and what rooms are available. I'm thinking about it, but there's a lot to weigh out. We'll call that scenario A. Scenario B would be just staying in the room that I was assigned. Let's look at the options:

Scenario A: cons: I basically can't unpack anything for three weeks, and it isn't even guaranteed that I'll get a room that I want. Pros: I could end up in an apartment with my own room.

Scenario B: cons: It's not what I want. I have a roommate. pros: I end up getting like 300 dollars back, because it's less for the room I have.

It's also kind of hard to ignore the fact that I didn't get the room I wanted. Which kinda shows me that maybe God has a reason for me being in that room, instead of in an apartment. I guess I just have to get over my own desires and see how this ends up. Maybe I'll get a really cool roommate like Courtney. Or maybe I won't. We'll see. I really am thankful though that I got in. Which means that this is my last full weekend at home. It's a little sad. At least I got a room. I am so excited about going back.

1 comment:

CaroDonehew said...

it does suck that you'll have a room mate... but you might get someone wicked cool that we can bring to the bcm with us... if you have a drunk... we might have a problem...but we'll deal when the time comes... :)