Friday, August 18, 2006

I found some time to think about it and watched the sun sink like a stone I found some time to think about you on the long ride home

You know, reading back on my old posts, I realized something. For the most part, when I'm writing a post, the title is a random lyric or quote. Very seldom do I pick the title to go with the post. Yet, reading back, it seems that the titles quite often fit with the post, even though that's not what I intended. Pretty cool if you ask me.

I'm so excited. I can now officially say that the day after tomorrow, I will be moving! Time is moving so quickly, especially compared to a year ago. Last year it seemed like it was taking forever for the day to come. Now it's like "whoa!" I'll bet that you can't tell that I'm excited ;) Now it's coming down to crunch time, and I really need to finish my packing. I think I'll work on that tomorrow.

I think I'm losing weight. Not a lot, but I feel like my stomach has kinda gotten smaller. I'm nowhere near where I want to be, but it's a start!

Ahh, I can feel it. The calm before the storm. This week, and probably most of next, is probably going to be the calmest that I'll have in a while. I'm trying to take advantage of that, but I'm also excited about this coming semester. I love the rush of things. I believe that I work well under pressure. I'm excited about my classes, and church, and BCM, and friends!

I seriously can't believe how quickly the summer went by. It feels like just a few days ago that I was packing my stuff and leaving, and now I'm packing my stuff again and coming back.

This whole "growing up" thing is actually quite scary. I take comfort in the knowledge that my parents taught me a lot, and I can always ask for help when/if I need it. I also know that God is watching out for me. I take comfort in His arms.

You know, I never thought I'd be in this place. I never thought that I'd willingly give up control of my life. Especially to God. I'm continually in awe at how far I've come from who I was at this point last year. I remember the first conversation I had with the girl who was my soon to be roommate. She was actually at Ridgecrest the first time we spoke. I remember her telling me that church was a big part of her life, and I remember being disappointed that I hadn't gotten a roommate who would be my party buddy. I remember thinking when I met her that she was nice enough, but she was a church-y person. I'm ashamed of this now, but I actually spoke pretty badly about her to other people. If only I'd known what God had in store for me, I wonder if I would have felt the same way. I wonder if I would have believed it. I'm reminded of that now, as I speak to my soon to be roommate. Now it's I who am telling her that church is a big part of my life. It's I who am telling her that I don't party, or go out to clubs. I can't help but wonder if perhaps I'm meant to be to this girl what my last roommate was to me. I don't think she realizes how important she is to my life. I don't think I could ever explain it to her so that she could fully grasp it. She truly saved my life, and my soul. I can honestly say, knowing what I know now, that I never want to go back to that place. I never want to be that person. I don't want to feel so empty that I try to fill an unfillable void with alcohol and men. I would never wish that feeling on my worst enemy.

No comments: