Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Updates

Oh what a busy weekend I've had. First was the holiday, which was fun, but also created tension which resulted in a huge blowup between me and my parents. I was shuttling my siblings back and forth to work this weekend. My bother went in at 6 a.m. on Saturday and my sister at 9 a.m. Not to mention Friday where my sister went in at 7 a.m. and I decided to do a little shopping, since I had never been on black Friday. I have to say that I was disappointed. The sales weren't really that great, and parking was pretty awful. For the amount of shopping that I was doing, it just wasn't worth it. However, I do plan on going shopping the day after Christmas, because those sales will be worth it. On top of all that, I've developed some kind of infection. I'm not sure if it's a sinus infection or a tooth infection. I know that my tooth throbs. Monday I woke up at 7 to go to the dentist. He told me it was a sinus thing, told me to get sudafed and ibuprofen. So I decided to go see my doctor at the walk in clinic. Instead I got stuck with a physician's assistant who can't write prescriptions for pain pills. So he sent me home with a prescription for Naproxen, claiming that I had irritated a joint in my jaw. This was after I spent the entire night awake because of the pain. Needless to say I was not very happy that I got sent home with no painkillers. Last night I went to the after-hours clinic and the same physician's assistant was there. So I went and got some sudafed, and then did a little more Christmas shopping with my brother. The sudafed helped for a while. It helped with the jaw pain. Now, however, I have a horrible toothache that keeps coming back. I've taken Tylenol and that doesn't seem to help. The only thing that did help was Tylenol P.M. That only afforded me 4 hours of comfortable sleep. So every four hours last night I woke up with a horrible toothache. It feels like my tooth is trying to wiggle it's way out of my mouth. So I have a 2:30 appointment with my doctor. I need antibiotics and painkillers. Good ones. Not something ridiculous like Naproxen, which is just an anti-inflammatory, and the only thing it does is give me stomach problems. So I have two more hours of pain, because I can't take a Tylenol P.M. now and take the chance that I miss my appointment. I had to fight hard for them to squeeze me in. Oh, and did I mention that the entire left cheek is swollen? Yeah, it's great. And the tylenol extra strength isn't working. I can't eat. It sucks. So that's why I haven't been blogging in the past week or so.

2 comments:

Ronnie said...

OUCH! Here's praying for some relief and much needed sleep!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber...I know..long time no see..I hope your doctor was able to help you. Toothache is an awful thing to have to deal with. Nothing hurts like a tooth or ear ache.

So you were out with the diehard shoppers on Black Friday? My husband and I went out in the late forenoon..we went to Best Buy and it was a mad house...a mad, mad house. I don't need anything so desparatly to hopefully ever put myself in such a situation again! LOL I'm not really a shopper, shopper and so I wasn't very impressed with all the pushy, shovy..

Hope you are feeling better soon...