Sunday, November 04, 2007

I have no title...

I feel so lazy.

Not lazy in the way that I sat around all day and did nothing, because today that's not true. I was gone for a couple of hours, then I got home and did some things around here.

The laziness I feel is more deep seated than that. It's the kind where I sleep way longer than I should, I have no motivation to do anything anymore. I'm even letting my classes slip. I've been looking at my notes from the past few weeks, and it seriously looks like I just skimmed through the readings and wrote down random things. Which is pretty much what I've been doing. In one class I've even stopped reading everything, and when I take a quiz I just open the articles that I'm supposed to be reading and search through them when the questions come up. It's basically cheating. It's not how I want to pass my class.

I realized today that I have been completely out of it for a while now. My mom keeps making little comments about how I don't do anything, ever. She'll ask me to do something for her and I'll make excuses not to. Then I get mad at her when she tells me that I don't do anything that she asks me to. It's true, though. And I think that's what makes me mad. I wish I could figure out how to not be so lazy. I don't have the self discipline, apparently, to do it on my own. And I don't really have anyone to keep me accountable to it. Whats worse is that I don't even really feel like I have a reason to do it. Maybe that's what I need?


On a much more positive note, I'm so excited because it's finally getting cooler! The temperature tonight is supposed to be in the high 50's. The humidity has dropped pretty much completely, and the weather has been so beautiful the past few days. I love it!

2 comments:

kris said...

i gotta tell ya, i don't like these count downs! it stresses me out to think that i only have a few weeks to shop with!

and btw-it snowed here this morning!

kara said...

high 50s! you might need a coat. i hope you're prepared.