Tuesday, November 06, 2007

God is faithful to the faithful

It's only Tuesday and I'm already seeing an improvement.

I'm two days into my third week of doing my quiet time every day. Even the weekends! This is the second day where I haven't slept in, and even though I'm sleeping less, I feel better. I have more energy, and I've been able to concentrate enough to get two classes done this week. Well, it's the work I should have done this week, but still! I did last week's work and this week's work in one of them, so I count it. I'm not feeling sluggish, and I was even motivated enough today to make a pot roast. It smells delicious!

But even better than that, I got a job! Yesterday I got a call from the temp agency for a receptionist job on Saturday and Sunday (every weekend for a while.) Thinking that the town was farther away than it really is I turned it down. After finding out that the town is only 15 minutes away (not an hour like I thought) I felt awful. I was sure that they had found someone else to do it. This morning I called and was told that they had filled the position. So I was bummed, but I figured at least I tried. Then a few hours later I got a phone call and the woman told me that they hadn't filled the position and it was still open if I want it. So tomorrow I have to go in and get all the information, and have a meeting with her boss. So I'm pretty excited about that. It still leaves me enough time to take care of my classes, but I get a little extra money!

So yeah. Sadly, tomorrow is the last day of the nice cool, not humid weather. At least for about a week (I hope.) Some cold front is moving through, but the temperatures for the weekend are in the 80s. Not very autumn-like. Also I just don't like it.

Oh, and I'm slightly envious of you people that have snow. Or temperatures below 70 during the day. Send me some!

No comments: