Saturday, January 26, 2008

Procrastination begets an update.

Instead of working on my 500 word rough draft I've managed to: clean my room, recycle my newspapers, drop off a movie at blockbuster, clean my kitchen, make a new playlist on my ipod, and make pasta salad. If I had dirty laundry, I'd also be doing that. In my defense though, I have begun researching my topic. So I'm not a completely horrible student.

It's been a pretty lazy day for me. The only time I've left my apartment is to take a movie back to blockbuster. I have showered, though, and I'm dressed. So at least that's something. I'm just in one of those homebody moods. I'm sure I could make plans tonight, but I'm not sure if I want to. It wouldn't be any different than last Saturday, actually. That was the night I went to sleep at like 9 p.m. It was beautiful. Except for when I woke up at 5:30 a.m. the next morning.

Tomorrow I'm going to be visiting a different church. The pastor is an awesome speaker, and judging by the website, the church should be really cool. I'm going with a couple of people that I just recently became acquainted with.

This week has been very eventful for me, non-socially speaking. Well, socially, too. I've been working on getting out of my comfort zone, and actually opening up to people. It's difficult, I have to admit. But it's so worth it. I'm so excited about the new people that I've met because I got outside of my zone. I'm so thankful for the people that I hang out with on a regular basis. It's nice to have a group of people that I feel comfortable with. I had been debating whether or not I would continue with the Friday night Bible studies. I've decided to keep going, and I'm glad for that. I was able to get out of my comfort zone last night, and open up to people. That was a good feeling. I've also been struggling with not having many girlfriends. Thursday night I was just praying that God would send me someone to open up to, and not only did He deliver, but I was actually able to open up to two girls. That's who I'm going to church with tomorrow morning. I'm pretty excited about it.

2 comments:

heiresschild said...

i hope you enjoyed the service.

you got a lot accomplished, even if you didn't start your paper.

Ronnie said...

go check my blog....you have won an award!