Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I haven't really been paying attention...

I figure it's a good idea to type up an update post during a boring three hour class.

I've been relatively busy/social lately. I don't hate it. I do think that I might need to slow down a bit. It's only the third week of classes, so it's not like I have a whole lot of studying to do, but I'm worried that if I keep up with this then I won't have any time to study.

I've been feeling a lot better since I've moved back. I know that this is a combination of a few things. First, I've been social, instead of spending all my time alone, which just encourages depression. Also, I've been going to Late Nite, and I've decided to get involved in a Bible study that meets every other Friday night. This last Sunday I checked out a different church with one of my friends. It wasn't the kind of church I'm used to, and I wouldn't go on a regular basis, but it was a good experience. Now we're getting a different sermon at Late Nite than they have on Sunday mornings. So until I can find a church that I feel at home at, I'll be going to the same church on Sunday mornings. That's definitely helping me.

I have been feeling restless though. It started about two days ago. So far I'm just kind of ignoring it and hoping it will subside. The last time I felt restless like this was when I went and got my last tattoo a little over a year ago. It's hard to describe this restless feeling. It's this urge that starts out small, and when I sit too long or don't have something to do, it kind of nags at the back of my mind. It's not so much an urge to run away and never come back, it's more an urge to try something new, maybe take a road trip to somewhere I've never been. Just kinda get out of the familiar for a little while. Right now it isn't too bad. Sunday, though, I felt it terribly. It was this want/need/craving for a change. I almost dyed my hair, but I felt that 1) that's not really something I wanted to do and 2) that wouldn't have really satisfied the urge for change.

Overall, though, things are going well. Last night a group of us went out to the beach to see the sunset. Then we went to our friend's house and made quesadillas for dinner. Afterwards, we watched Disturbia. It was a pretty good movie. Kinda freaked me out a bit.

Ah, well. Such is life.

1 comment:

kara said...

i'm thinking about a second tattoo. don't know if i can blame it on restlessness, though...mine's more of an "age" thing.

and you'll find a way to balance the social life and the studying. we all do.