Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I don't make resolutions...

I don't make resolutions. I don't keep them. So what's the point?

Instead, I have goals. Not so much for the year, I think. I've been thinking a lot, about the past year. There were a lot of thing this year that I've done and regret. I had a lot of fun, and a couple of firsts. I went to Disney World for the first time, on my birthday. I think that was the one that was most fun. It was also the first time I had been to Universal. It was also the first time that I'd ever been scared for my life, that night in the hotel, alone.

Thinking about all the things that happened this year made me realize how much about my life I want to change. At first I was worried that it was going to cause hurt feelings, and then I realized that while that sucks, it has to happen.

I need to find new friends, people I actually have things in common with. I need people that I feel comfortable talking to, and I feel welcome around. I can't say that I've felt like that a whole lot this year. Maybe with a couple of people. One of those people are no longer in my life, which I consider a good decision. The other person is moving away, and as much as I want to believe that the friendship won't change, I know it will. That's life. I think that's my biggest goal when I go back.

I also want to find a church that I feel comfortable in, because honestly I don't feel comfortable in the one that I had been going to.

I think that's it, for now. I'll be able to come up with more when I've had more time to actually sit here and think. For now I've got to leave.

No comments: