Saturday, January 05, 2008

WOOHOO! A real update...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

that's a big sigh of relief, in case you were wondering.

Not only am I all moved in, but everything is unpacked! It's such a relief. I love it.

I miss my family a little. I suppose that's normal. It feels weird not being on campus. It feels just as weird coming in the middle of the semesters.

After I got everything (except my bathroom) unpacked, I made a trip to walmart. I needed to pick up some stuff I didn't have. That included picking up some food items so I don't starve. I think that's a good plan. That was pretty much the only time leaving the apartment since I've moved in. Which isn't bad considering I've been here about 8 hours. Get back to me tomorrow when I haven't left at all. Also, monday.

Well. There's a good reason for that, actually. It turns out the keys that the complex gave me don't work. I had to have the girl at the leasing office let me into my apartment just so I could move in my stuff. Then I had to basically stay here until Val got here so she could give me her key so I could have a copy made. The guy at walmart claimed he "couldn't" give me the same type of key she had. So the copy I had made doesn't unlock the door. The complex can't get a key made for me until Monday. So either I have to use Val's only key and she has to be without a key or I just don't go anywhere. I'll talk to her when she gets home, because they only place that I want to go tomorrow is walmart to return the cable I bought. It's too short by like a foot. Which sucks. Other than that, nothing. Not until Monday. I'm so glad that my classes don't start until Tuesday at 3:30.

2 comments:

heiresschild said...

hi Amber, i'm glad you like your new place. the apt complex where i live has it so no other place can make our keys; they're the only ones who can make keys for us.

are you still in school and living on your own now instead of living on campus, or did you finish school before the holidays? anyway, i wish you all of the best in this new year.

the link you have for me on your blog is no longer mine. i changed my URL and someone else took that URL, along with the "heiress child" name, so i may change my user name, even though i don't separate my user name. my blog is the same, but my new URL is http://theroadtoprosperity.blogspot.com

kara said...

You need to stop all this Walmart nonsense. They don't have stylish cables. Target has stylish cables.