Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I love air conditioning.

so much for a post every day.

So much for going to class.

I'm pretty aggravated about that second one, actually. But, it's my fault. I forgot my student ID in my bedroom. So I had to go back and get it. When I was coming down the stairs, I saw the bus pull away. I should have walked to campus (it would have taken like 20 min. maybe) but I waited for the next bus, which took just as long to get there. Then it took another 20 minutes getting to the place I needed to get off at. Which put me on campus 10 minutes after the class had started. Then I couldn't find the building, which is beyond ridiculous because I know the campus like the back of my hand. When I finally realized i had passed it twice, it was already 20 minutes into the class. Then I couldn't find the room. So I just gave up. I hope they don't drop me, if they do I will just re-add it, I guess. So now I'm on campus, but there's no point going home because I have a class at 6, and I don't want to go through this again. I'm so glad I brought my computer!

I'm waiting for an email from the professor of the class that I want to get into. My adviser told me that she isn't letting anyone in that wasn't there on the first day, but then again my adviser is dumb. Instead of actually being able to speak with my adviser, I got a phone call from some student who didn't even know what was going on. He had to ask her questions every 30 seconds. Why didn't he just put her on the phone? So, anyway. I emailed the professor and told her that I was interested in the class and that I was unable to attend on the first day. I asked if there was any way that I would be able to get a permit for the class. I still haven't gotten a reply.

So that's how my day has been going so far.

Ooh! a good thing about my day is that I got a cheap oil change! I got a coupon for a free oil change, but I had to pay the disposal fee, and pay for a new filter. So it came out to like 10 bucks. I was happy about that! Plus, the mechanic checked out my car and told me it's in awesome condition. So that was a bit of a relief. I mean, I know that it's a good car. My dad wouldn't have let me buy it if it wasn't. But it helps to have someone who's somewhat of an expert tell you that.

I absolutely love my apartment. As bad as it sounds, I'm actually a bit relieved that there's rarely anyone there. It's so quiet. I'm looking forward to going home tonight after class gets over (at freaking 9!!) and taking a shower and possibly falling asleep.

I should be reading for my next class. I should also review the power point lecture notes for it. Maybe that's where I'll take my notes from.

Oh yeah. Could someone please alert mother nature that it's JANUARY and therefore should not be 80 degrees outside?!

1 comment:

kris said...

good to hear things in your new place are going well. and w/ the weather, i know what you mean. we got 16 inches dunped on us last weekend, and it 68 degrees here yesterday w/ tornados and thingderstorms. so nwo we have flooding. i'm like "hello!? where did winter go??"