Sunday, November 26, 2006

there's a smile when the pain comes, the pain's gonna make everything alright

This week has been good for me. I didn't get to do the things I had planned, but I'm okay with that. I was supposed to study for a test and hang out with an old friend. I did neither of those. I did spend lots of time with my family, and I watched two movies that I've never seen. I saw You, Me, and Dupree and Over The Hedge. They were both really funny and cute.

This week was very relaxing. It was very good for me, helped me put a lot of things into perspective. I don't know, leaving is kinda bittersweet. As Jess put it, I'm not "ready for normal life." I just want this semester to be over. I want to find another job and not have to worry about this dumb job.

I don't know. I'm in a weird mood. It's a mix between PMS, anxiety, and like a happy sadness. I'm having a really hard time with this whole "friend" situation. If it's true that in the past few weeks I've learned who my real friends are then that means that I'm not left with very many real friends.

wow. so I just realized that I haven't done my quiet time at all this week. I haven't spent any time with God. I honestly don't know what my problem is. There were actually a couple of days where it never occurred to me to even do it. Actually, I don't think there were any days that it occurred to me that I should do it. I mean, why do I feel like I "should" do it? Before this week, it wasn't even a matter of should or shouldn't. It was honestly something that I wanted. I don't know what changed.

This post is a bunch of ramblings that probably won't make much sense to anyone except me.

I hate it when you feel like crying but the tears won't come. The worst part is that most of this is probably attributed to PMS. I feel like I need something but I don't know what.

"I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on. And there will be an end to these troubles, but until that day comes still I will praise You."

Weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning.

It's the greatest feeling when God puts people into your life who help you to be a better person.

I know You're alive, You came to fix my broken life and I sing to glorify Your holy name, Jesus Christ.

I'm so thankful for all the blessings in my life. Sometimes I may not always see them, and I may not always act that way, but I am aware that they're continually coming my way.

On second thought, maybe I am ready to go back to normal life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PMSing sucks..it makes us feel things that aren't right! I also hate that point of wishing I could cry, but....no tears! Thank God that 'season' only lasts for a little bit each month!

I can relate about the not having devotions because I didn't even think about it! What is wrong with us???? lol UMMM, I believe it is called "human and/or busy and/or just ditzy" sometimes!

You, Me and Dupree! Neil and I watched that at the theatre...what a fun movie! We roared! It tis so nice to have a good laugh sometimes!

Have a Happy Sunday and don't be too hard on yourself, but that is hard to do when one is pmsing!

Ellie