Thursday, November 30, 2006

It's lovely weather for a sleigh ride (I wish!)

I've come to the conclusion that people have little detectors that go off whenever I decide to have some "me" time. I've been exhausted for the past few days, so today after my classes I decided I was going to sleep until I felt better and then work on my papers. I went to sleep at 2 and woke up at 7. I still haven't gotten around to writing my papers, but since 2, I've received phone calls from 5 different people, one person has called about 4 times, and gotten two text messages. Understand that this is highly unusual for me. Normally, I only receive about 2 phone calls in an entire day and maybe one text message. Now, one friend I can understand because she's having an especially hard time lately, but as for the others, COME ON! This is ridiculous. If I don't answer the phone the first two times, chances are good that I'm not going to answer the third, fourth, or fifth times either. Also, I've had an away message up pretty much all day and I haven't talked to anyone. It's just been some good "me" time. Except I haven't worked on either of my papers at all, which is not good. They're both due on Friday, one at 10 a.m. and the other by 6 p.m. Ugh. Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow?

Anyway. It's 2:30 a.m. and I'm going to go back to sleep. I'm tired again.

Hooray for hot cocoa and Christmas music!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amber,

Some days you just can't win! I know how you feel. A few weeks ago I was going through what I called "moron moments" with my one coworker. She was on my back constantly...not thinking for herself. It is those moments when people don't think and they just disturb you incessantly in which you feel like screaming....Your friend must have been thinking "Well, if it didn't work the first time...maybe it will the second, third or forth time" Moron moment!!..in my book!

I hope you get your papers written in time and they are great...you are making me nervous though! Do I have to come there and help you???

LOL

Ellie