Friday, November 03, 2006

bleck. I couldn't come up with a title. I give up.

AGH!

I'm so frustrated with my job right now. Actually, I'm frustrated with my co-workers. If you do something that's against the rules at your job (especially if you've only been at said job for two weeks) then it's a good job to do 2 things.
1. Tell your boss so as to cover your own behind (and that of your partner)
2. If you and your partner agree to keep it a secret DON'T BRAG ABOUT IT.
How can you expect to brag to someone about doing something wrong (and illegal) and expect that the person you bragged to will keep your "secret"?

GAH!

Basically someone at work bragged to me about the fact that they hit someone's car with the golf cart, and they weren't going to tell the boss. Well part of my job description is to make sure that people are doing their jobs correctly and aren't doing dumb stuff. Therefore, I was pretty much obligated to tell my boss. I even struggled with it. I thought about not telling my boss, but I wasn't going to put myself or my partner in the position where if it came out we knew then we would get in trouble. So I told my boss. The person in question almost got fired, and his partner lied for him, and so she got in trouble. This basically caused a lot of drama at work tonight. I hate drama. With a passion that burns deep within my soul. I have no doubt that this cast me in a bad light and people probably think of me as a narc. Which pretty much means that there's probably not a lot of people at work that I'll get along with. I don't understand. We're supposed to be in college. Why do people have to be so immature? Why is there a need for so much drama? Oh well. My friend told me that I did what I thought was right, and if they want to cause drama then that is their problem. It just bugs me.

No comments: