Sunday, November 12, 2006

keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside

Maybe we like the pain. Maybe we're wired that way. Because without it, I don't know; maybe we just wouldn't feel real. What's that saying? Why do I keep hitting myself with a hammer? Because it feels so good when I stop.
-Meredith Grey


how true is that? It's like some sick form of torture, self-mutilation if you will. Except it's emotional, spiritual, not physical. There are no physical scars. Only emotional ones.

I just finished my quiet time, and I feel amazing. I can't even begin to describe the way it feels, that incredible relief knowing that even though I messed up, I'm not ruined. Though I don't know if I was ever really worried about being "ruined." I think it was more the worry that I would feel like that forever.

His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life. Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amber,

I got your email. Sounds like you are doing better. Glad to hear that. You go girl...when you fall down, get back up, brush yourself off and keep on doing what you know works...

Ellie