Saturday, September 23, 2006

you are beautiful my sweet sweet song

It's been quite some time, I suppose, since a real update.

Okay, so it's only been 2 days, but that's still a pretty long time for me.

I'm sitting at work again. Tonight I'm stuck here until 3. At least I brought my computer. And I watched Elizabethtown earlier. I might watch it again, just to pass the time.

Things have been going pretty well this week. My roommate is gone for the weekend, again. That's pretty exciting. I guess having to come to work tonight wasn't the worst thing in the world. At least I'm getting paid. Tomorrow is gonna be a homework day. I really need to start being responsible and catch up on all my reading. It will probably help me in class to know what the professor is talking about. Then, Caroline is coming over after work and at some poing we're heading over to our friends' apartment to hang out and eat good food. It should be a fun time.

Then Sunday night is Late Nite. I'm excited.

So last night was Challenge. It was a very weird night. At first I wasn't going to go. I was just gonna hang out at home, sleep, and maybe do some homework. Or watch Grey's Anatomy. Probably the latter. Caroline called me right after someone else did, so I was already awake and I made the split second decision to get dressed and go. This is where it gets weird. This girl that I had hung out with once a year ago had wanted me to go to a bar with her. I briefly considered it, and realized that I didn't have the desire to go. When I got to Challenge, I all of a sudden became very bitter, and antisocial. It just seemed to me that I was not in the mood to deal with people. The first couple songs, the bitterness just kinda took over and I didn't really participate. Then, I got sick of the bitter feeling in my heart and I just asked God to take it away. And wouldn't you know it, He did! It made the whole night so much better. I was able to enjoy hanging out with my friends. After Challenge we headed to Blockbuster to rent a movie, and ended up on a spontaneous Slurpee run. Come on, who doesns't enjoy slurpees? They're amazing. What had started out as a bad night, ended up being a great night!

Tonight is like super dead. It's been about forty five minutes since the last person called. Oh well. I think I'm gonna put Elizabethtown back on now. I haven't decided. Maybe I'll just keep listening to the radio while I surf the internet. Praise God for great Christian stations being available online!

No comments: