Sunday, September 17, 2006

Psalms 30:5 His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning.

so before I start, I just want to point out that Jennifer Love Hewitt with a British accent is just bizarre. Some Lifetime movie. BAHAHAHA I've never seen a British Lifetime movie. This is hilarious.

Anyway.

Today was interesting. This whole weekend turned out to be low-key. That's just fine with me. After the past couple weeks, I definitely needed this. I was gonna do a little shopping today, but I decided against it. Instead I just lazed around.

It was a hard day, though. I really got the urge to go dancing. I wanted to pretty badly. I even went as far as to call people to find out what was going on. In the end, I just wasn't in the mood to go pretty much anywhere. So I went to sleep, instead. The problem is, the temptation was so strong. Had it not been for my laziness, I would have gone out. I probably would have had a few drinks, and tomorrow I would have regretted it. I'm absolutely ecstatic that I didn't go out, don't get me wrong. I wrestled with the temptation all day. It seems to me that if it isn't one thing, it's something else. To quote Elizabethtown: "If it wasn't this, it'd be something else." It seems that Satan is trying everything to push me back down. I'm just so exhausted of it. Can't I just have a break?

On the up side, despite the dilemma I had all day, I wasn't depressed. I feel completely different. Though I am struggling, I'm not feeling sad. I don't feel beaten. I don't feel hopeless. Even though I have the temptation, I know that I am strong enough to resist. I know that it won't bring me down.

That's an amazing feeling.

No comments: