Wednesday, August 15, 2007

You've always been our refuge, there's peace in Your glory

The morning finds me faced with a dilemma. I have this urge to write, but find that I have nothing to say. Or at least that's how I feel. I'm reading this book by Sherry Argon, titled Why Men Love Bitches. To be honest, I'm not really sure why I'm reading it. It's one of those "self-help" books. The tagline is "from doormat to dreamgirl - a woman's guide to holding her own in a relationship." To be sure, there's some good advice in this book. I've come across some things that I have done in the past (not just in relationships but also in potential relationships and friendships) that I was unaware of. It's a good eye opener, though there's a lot of stuff that I won't be keeping in mind.

I'm back to not doing my quiet time. It sucks because as much as I'm disappointed about it, I find that I just don't have the motivation to do it. I've discovered about myself that I function way better when I'm on some kind of a routine. My problem right now is that I just don't have the self-discipline to have a routine without a job/classes to attend. This is not made any easier by the lack of jobs in the area. Plus online classes. I was hoping that I could motivate myself to set up a routine without a job, but so far that effort has been fruitless. I find myself unmotivated and lazy. Not a good feeling. In fact, it's pretty lame.

What I really want to do is start working out and getting back into shape. I miss the energy that I had when I was into a regular sleeping pattern. Plus working out would help me to shape some sort of routine out of my day. I just can't seem to get started. I guess staying up til 3 a.m. doesn't really help matters much. Maybe I'll start there.

1 comment:

kris said...

i['ve found that w/o a routine, i tend to not take my devotional time out for myself. and a word of advise-if you feel self help books are for you, i would stear towards the ones who are written by Christian authors...but that's just me you can of course take it or leave it;)