Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A blog in the middle of the day? Incredible!

This Wednesday afternoon finds me with no air conditioning. (Thank goodness for ceiling fans!) In Florida, no air conditioning is almost as bad as no air to breathe. Luckily our house is tile so it doesn't get too hot plus the fans help. It's a comfortable 87 degrees in the house.

Already today I have managed to not start the routine I claim I am going to start. Any day now. Granted, it's only 4 o'clock, and I could still do my quiet time. Right now I'm trying to figure out some bills and other things online.

I'm also pretty excited because I have a stack of books that I haven't read yet. I think the one I'm most excited about is Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. I've heard that it's very good. I also managed to find a copy of Jane Eyre which happens to be one of my favorite books ever. I know a few people have mentioned the book I'm currently reading, Why Men Love Bitches, and it seems that the feedback has mostly been the same. The reason I'm reading this book is not because I feel that I need a "self-help" book. It's not even that I feel I need help in relationships. I'm actually reading it because a friend of mine read it and told me that it changed her life. At that point I was pretty skeptical, so she challenged me to read it. She told me that it would have the same effect on me. I have to say, I'm not impressed with this book. In my opinion, the advice goes a little too far. Sure, there are some pieces of advice that any woman could take to heart, but to me that's just more common sense than anything else. I think that any woman reading this, if she isn't careful, will end up taking every bit of advice to heart and will end up with either a jerk of a boyfriend or alone.

Anyway, that's just my two cents. I definitely wouldn't recommend this book to people.

No comments: