Sunday, August 19, 2007

Boys are stupid. Throw rocks at them.

So, I find it much easier to avoid confrontation than to actually find out what I want to know. But. I do have moments in my life where I get tired of people's bull and I call them out on it. I find it "convenient" that this person has chosen now to try to be "friends." We were never friends. A year after we broke up, he came up to the town I was in for a concert. I happened to be hanging out with a girl who I met through him, and we hooked up.

As much as I hate doing this kind of stuff, it feels good to let him know that I know what he's up to and I'm not putting up with it. What makes it worth it all, though, is finding out that I'm right. He admitted that he was looking for a hookup. I told him no. If this was a different time, I would have told him quite a few other things, using a lot of little four letter words. But I'm better than that, and I simply told him that I wasn't interested. And now I feel so good about the fact that I didn't give in to the temptation.

And now I can go on with my life, feeling better about myself, and knowing I didn't do something that I would have regretted.

No comments: