Sunday, August 12, 2007

mmmmmmmmmm Michael Buble

As I think most people know, music is one of my most favorite things in the world. It has been so many things for me, but mostly it's been an escape from reality during the times when I needed to get away most.

My current obsession is Michael Buble. I absolutely adore him. Not only is he a very attractive man, but whoa buddy, this guy can sing! I love that he has a very old jazz style. He reminds me a lot of Frank Sinatra. This is my current favorite song by him, "Everything"



Anyway. Currently my bedroom is my haven, as I believe it should be for everyone. I have Christmas lights strung on the walls (which are pink) so I don't have to use my overhead light which is overbearing. It creates this very relaxed atmosphere, and mixed with the musical styling of one Mr. Buble is quite the experience. I think people are surprised when they find out that I love jazz music. And by that I mean pretty much all jazz music. I love Etta James, Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, Billie Holiday, Jelly Roll Morton, Miles Davis, Harry Connick Jr., Ella Fitzgerald, and of course Frank Sinatra.

So one of the things that I'm doing with this whole "moving on" thing is finding out things that I like. Jazz music is definitely one of them. I realized that in the midst of everything that went on, I lost part of who I was. And even though it's been quite a while since then, I never really took the time out to figure out who I am. This past year has been amazing, really the past year and a half has. I've learned a lot about what I can deal with, and I've made incredible friends. But I haven't really figure out who I am. Just me, not me with someone else, not me as "the future lawyer," just me. So , I've picked up quite a few new books to read and I'm trying to branch out musically. Who knows what else is to come. But I'm excited!

3 comments:

kara said...

If you love jazz you should listen to Nina Simone. She's my favorite.

kris said...

ok this is too funny, i just bought "it's time" last month as a present to myself;)

i discovered hcj while i was in high school and actually got to see him a couple years ago in concert, just made me luv him even more!!

not exactly jazz, but what do you think of norah jones?? i'm hooked on her right now.

kris said...

i think one of the things i like best about norah (besides everything about her sound(!) is that i can listen to her around my kids, her lyrics are good.