Thursday, October 05, 2006

I've been tagged!

I've been tagged by Ellie to do a meme on work.

1. What is the best thing about your workplace? It's very laid back, and the job is easy. Once you get the hang of it, things go smoothly. It fits my schedule, and I love that even though we have to be professional, there are times when we can just goof around.

2. What do you hate about your workplace? There are quite a few people who take advantage of how laid back some of the people are. There are also people that don't do their jobs, and can ruin the mood of the dispatcher for the rest of us.

3. What small irritance at your workplace really annoys you? There's this one dispatcher who doesn't really do her job well. Along with dispatching, she does her homework, and spends most of her shift on the phone, usually arguing with someone. It takes her forever to answer the radio when we call in, yet she's quick to get upset if we don't respond right away when she calls us. When we patrol lots, she doesn't record it in the log, so it looks like we're not doing our jobs.

4. Describe the actions/quirks of the weirdest person you work with (can be a co-worker, employer, or a vendor if you are self-employed) .
This one's kind of hard. There are a few people that are quirky. Though I guess a lot of them left, so I'll go with my boss. He is definitely a character! Even though he's a little strict sometimes, he's very laid back! When he's dispatching, he likes to use different accents and do funny voices. He also gives people random nicknames. He has these green slipper type loafers that look like something Hugh Hefner would wear, and when he comes into the office the first thing he does is take them off! he's always barefoot! He is by far the funniest guy at my job.

5. What is one thing that you would change at your workplace to make life a helluva lot better? I hate to say it, but I would get rid of all the people that don't do their jobs. Which, at this point is only 2 or 3. I would also hire a lot more people so we weren't so shortstaffed.

Man, I'm supposed to tag 5 people, but I don't know that many in blogland :( So I'm gonna tag Caroline.

No comments: