Wednesday, October 25, 2006

there's a place in my heart that I hold You near theres a place in my heart I hold most dear there's a place in my heart that wants You so

Yuck. my sinuses are all messed up. My ears are plugged, my throat is scratchy and my nose is dry, yet stuffy. It's not fun. I don't necessarily feel sick, but I don't feel fine either. The worst part is that there really isn't anything I can do about it. Just drink lots of hot tea and take sudafed. I really wish I had hot apple cider right now. It sounds soooo good.

I hope I'm better by this weekend. That would be bad if I wasn't. My family is planning on going to Universal Studios. I miss them, and would love to be able to spend the time with them. I'm trying to find someone to take my shift on Friday night, and I'm gonna see if maybe I can pick up a shift tomorrow night to make up for it. We'll see what happens.

These past few days have been absolutely amazing for me. I've been reading When God Writes Your Love Story, and I'm gaining a whole new perspective on this relationship thing that I've been struggling with. I decided that God's way is better than my way, and I gave it over to Him. I'm not going to date anyone until he reveals to me the man that I'm supposed to marry. I'm going to keep myself pure until I get married. For me, the hardest part of this is the "thing" I have with Chris. I don't know how to describe it. It's like a flirty friendship, with the potential to go further (at least on his part) once we get to know each other better. Now that I've made some changes, though, I realize that by continuing to act the same towards Chris, I'm not keeping myself pure. I've already given a little piece of myself to so many people, and now I've given a small part of myself to Chris. These are parts of me that God intended for my husband. I've been selfish and haven't considered him. I know how I would feel if I saw the person that I'm supposed to marry giving little parts of himself that are supposed to be mine to other girls. That is a bizarre feeling. All of a sudden, someone else is more important than I am, and I haven't even met them yet!

My quiet time has improved dramatically, though its still a little too short for my tastes. I'm not sure how to make it last longer. However, I feel closer to God than I've felt probably since I came back to Him. I have the strongest desire to draw closer to Him, and its no longer a burden to spend time in the word. I absolutely love it.

I didn't go to any of my classes today. My head did not feel up to sitting upright in a lecture class for 3 hours. So I emailed my professors letting them know what was going on. Luckily my professors are pretty cool and understand. So I don't have to worry about that. The only thing is that I'll have to attend a class tomorrow, because the professor doesn't accept just any excuse. You have to have documented proof (such as a prescription,, or a receipt from student health services) to prove that you are sick (or whatever your excuse was.) It's kinda lame, but it's his class and I have to respect his reasons.

Anyway, I'm debating about work tonight. I go in at 9, and it's supposed to be cold again. If I do go in, I may not have a partner, or I may have to train someone. We'll see what I have to do. I may go in and find out that I have no partner, and I might be able to leave early. Or I could hang out til 230 and get paid to do nothing. I might call my boss today to see what's up. Okay. So I called my boss, and I'm training someone. It's kinda yucky, cuz it means I have to drive and can't bring a blanket, but at least I'll have a partner and will still get paid instead of being sent home. I guess I'll just bring lots of hot tea and medicine.

Thankful for
  • My mom, for always knowing what to do when I don't
  • The time to spend with my family this weekend
  • Professors who understand
  • Time to sleep when I don't feel the greatest
  • Accountability time with my best friend!

1 comment:

CaroDonehew said...

OJ.... get OJ and drink it like there is no tomorrow.... you're lacking in Vitamin C... I'm having the same issue.... ok... now to read the rest of the entry...