Tuesday, June 27, 2006

God will lift up your head

So things are looking up. I now know when classes start. So I can look forward to going back and I kinda have a sense as to when that will be. I'm excited.
I'm even more excited because I had a real conversation with my mom yesterday. It wasn't awkward, and I didn't have the overwhelming desire to curl up in a ball and let the earth swallow me. Perhaps because I was driving. But it's more likely because for the first time in a long time, it didn't feel like she was lecturing me. She talked to me about her day, and I got to clear up some confusion about what exactly my life was like at school. She seemed to be under the impression that I didn't have many friends and I just sat around all day. Which is far from the truth. But that's not the point. We had a real conversation. And it was good. I also talked to her about what was going on with the church, and how I felt about it. I told her that I didn't think I was going to continue volunteering in the nursery. She actually said it was probably a good idea.
Yup, things are definitely looking up.

1 comment:

CaroDonehew said...

yay! and there is great rejoicing! if only we knew when you were coming back... i think i'm going to request that day off