Sunday, June 22, 2008

I'm ready now, do what you will.

I woke up this morning to a beautiful thunderstorm. I love thunderstorms, especially when I'm sleeping. There's just something comforting about the sounds.

Life lately has been very busy. It was a refreshing change for a while, but I am ready for a break. This coming week is my break between summer classes, but I still have to work. So it doesn't really feel like a break. I guess I could try to pick up some extra shifts and at least make some extra money. Maybe it'll be nice enough to make a trip out to the beach this week.

deep within my soul is rising up a song here in the comfort of the faithful one.

In spite of the busyness of my life, everything is going really well. I'm finding time to meet with friends. That in and of itself is such an encouragement.

and I will lift my hands in praise for all you've done, and I will worship you, my faithful one.

A few weeks ago I sat down with a friend of mine who is a financial advisor, and he helped me set up a budget, and really just get a hold of my finances before they really spiraled out of control. It was getting pretty bad there for a while. Now I've got everything in order, I have a set plan for paying off my debt, and I'm being faithful in my tithing and am really seeing the blessings from that.

take me and pull me through, 'cause I can't move without You.

I'm really being pushed out of my comfort zone. It's terrifying, yet exhilarating. I'm really working on finding the things that I'm passionate about, and the things that I'm really good at. I graduate soon, and am trying to figure out what I'm going to do. I have no idea, and it gets overwhelming worrying about it. So I'm not. Right now I'm focusing on passing my class this summer, and then in the fall. Then I have at least 4 months to figure out what I want to do, and I can work so that won't be a big deal.

The storm is over, and the skies are turning blue. Today might not be one of those "stay in the house and enjoy the rain" kind of days after all.

I should shower.

1 comment:

kara said...

i graduated 6 years ago and i still don't know what i want to do. there's no rush.