Friday, July 04, 2008

A family trait, I think.

I am a bundle of excitement, this I have figured out. It's 11 p.m. on a Friday night, not to mention the 4th of July, and I'm in bed, with Pride and Prejudice playing in the background, and perfectly content.

Okay, well not perfectly content. I am a little disappointed that my night turned out to be a bust. I was going to go line dancing (make fun if you wish, but I love it!) We got there and it was ridiculously empty. I feel like that describes the day, overall. I worked three hours. THREE HOURS. It was time and a half, so I'll get paid for four and a half, but still.

It was definitely not like the holidays when I lived at home. Though I did get to see fireworks at least. And my neighbors are considerate enough to be sure that I'll be hearing them all night. Hooray. It doesn't seem the same without the barbecuing, spending the day in the pool and sun, and then watching the fireworks with my family. I'm definitely glad my family did stuff like that together, so I can have the memories.

Now, I will resume watching my movie and eating my frozen yogurt. Oh yes, I am the epitome of excitement.

No comments: