Monday, June 09, 2008

The rain is my background music.

There is something comforting in the storm. Something calming about the mixture of the lightning and thunder. I hope it stays for a while.

I find it very symbolic of my day. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary, just a long, tiring day. I'm thankful for the reprieve. I should be in class now, but I'm thankful I didn't go. I got out of work late, so I was automatically late for my class. Then as I was driving towards campus, I saw the lightning and decided it would be a bad idea to make the 10-minute walk in the lightning. I feel like my brain is in overdrive. I'm so glad for this little break in my day. I have the sliding door open, and I'm home alone. I love the smell of the rain. Plus the sound of the storm is calming. I don't even need music.

I feel like I'm perpetually busy. Some days it's a wonder I even have time to breathe. If I had gone to class, today would have been one of those days. I love being busy. It keeps me on a routine, I have a lot more energy, I feel productive, and I feel healthier. I don't like it when I can't remember the last time I had some time to spend with friends without worrying about being late for something or having to be up for work the next day. I mean, friends are an entirely different issue, but I'm just saying.

I don't know about you, but I have a list of things going on in my life that I'm trying to improve. I recently added "finances" to this list. I have a friend who works with an investing company, and he sat down with me and set out some steps for getting my stuff in order. It's a daunting task. I worry that I can't do it.

My job is going well. I really enjoy it, and the people that I work with are great.

I'm tired all of a sudden.

No comments: