Tuesday, February 19, 2008

You never let go through the calm and through the storm.

So it's 5 a.m. and I can't sleep. I made the mistake of drinking coffee around 11:30. Now I'm wide awake, though I'm starting to drift towards being sleepy. I really should be studying, but I just can't bring myself to do it. The test is in 13 hours. I know most of the material. I've been keeping up with the reading, just not so much with going to the class. I think I may actually be pulling an all-nighter. Which is weird, because I haven't done this in a very long time. I guess it doesn't help that I meant to take a 20 min. nap around 3:30 and it turned into a 4 and a half hour nap.

So, I've been working on a lot lately. I'm feeling so much better about stuff. I'm learning how to let go of the need to control things. I'm also learning patience, which I think is one of the hardest struggles for me. I'm so used to things happening at warped speed. This patience thing really takes a lot of work. So far it's been worth it, though. It's definitely a new experience.

It hasn't been working for my classes, though. I'm really disappointed with myself about that. There are two classes that I don't go to as often as I should. There was even that one week where I only went to two of my 5 classes. Last week there was a day where I went to two classes that weren't even mine, and I didn't go to mine.

Wednesday I have an appointment with my adviser to find out when I'm supposed to be graduating and what I have left to take. I just hope that she's actually helpful this time.

I'm so excited about this week!!!! Despite the test, it's gonna be a great week! Friday is the concert!! I thought I was going to have to miss my Friday night Bible study because of it, but I don't have to because it's going to be on Saturday night. The reason is that this week we have a missionary as our speaker. It should be really interesting.

I was able to have lunch with a friend today, and that was pretty awesome. We haven't ever really hung out like that, just the two of us. That's another thing I'm working on, is expanding my circle of female friends. I really want to surround myself with Godly women. There are a few girls who I really would like to have in my circle. The problem is that I don't know them very well and feel uncomfortable approaching them. They have their friends, and I hate feeling like I'm intruding. Again with the breaking out of my comfort zone. Plus, I'd just like to have more female friends period.

Anyway. I think that's enough rambling for 5 a.m. I started this at 4:55 and it's now 5:25.
I should sleep. Or study. Or something.

1 comment:

bellygirl said...

hey! sounds like things are going well for you:) i'm proud of you! what concert are oyu going to? who is the missionary? i love hearing about missionaries...