Sunday, February 10, 2008

It starts in my toes, makes me crinkle my nose

love is a rhythm of two hearts beating, pounding out a message steady and true. talk to me baby, tell me what you're feeling. I know what love is, what's it to you?

How is it already Sunday? Where did the time go? I haven't even been that busy! Actually, I dropped the ball a lot this week. I skipped the majority of my classes. I feel a lot better now. I'm not feeling so restless anymore. The random road trip to see a friend helped that a lot.

Anyway. It's Sunday. I can't believe how fast time is going by. I'm very proud of myself though! The past few weeks I've always had someone to go to church with, but this weekend I didn't. I was a bit worried that because I didn't have someone to keep me accountable that I wouldn't go. But I did go! I went to the earlier service and then to Sunday School. I was pretty happy about that. Then afterwards I was going to call one of my friends and see if she wanted to come over and hang out and study or whatever. I haven't seen her since I moved back, but apparently she went to visit her parents. I suppose that's good because I just remembered that my prof. posted an extra credit assignment that has to be emailed by midnight. So now I have time to work on that.

why do we break the promises we make? are we living for ourselves?

So this weekend has been rather low-key for me. I spent yesterday cleaning. My apartment is spotless and my bedroom is immaculate. I vacuumed and swept. It looks good. Today I decided to write on my closet doors (which are mirrored) with red and black dry erase markers. Right now I have 5 Bible verses written on them. I like the way it looks. I think I'll keep them. I'm sure that one day I'll look and people have written on it, too, but whatever. I have these verses:

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy - Psalm 126:5 (which is my current favorite verse)

I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry.
- Psalm 40:1

God is faithful. - 1 Corinthians 1:9

Therefore, let your light shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in Heaven. - Matthew 5:16

Let us therefore come boldly before the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. - Hebrews 4:16

I suppose I should go work on that extra credit assignment now.

1 comment:

kris said...

i love the your choice of verses:) way to stay in church!