Saturday, December 19, 2009

We are fast cars on a long night.

Christmas fast approaches, yet it feels strange. With my work schedule being the way it is (working overnight) I miss out on a lot of things that make it feel like Christmas: television specials, movies, Advent Sundays, and spending time with my family. Where did the past year go? I graduated one year and one week ago tomorrow.

The trip to Chicago was awesome. I fell in love with a city. I didn't even know that was possible. The buildings, the weather, the feel of city life. All things that I feel drawn to. I hope this internship works out. I don't have a back-up plan. I think I'm okay with that, though. Strange.

I'm sick of worrying, I don't want to be melancholy anymore. Recently I made the decision to enjoy this time of my life, and it's working out well so far.

No comments: