Friday, December 11, 2009

An Attempt.

I miss writing. I miss putting words to paper, erasing, arranging, and replacing words to convey perfectly an idea or a feeling. Right now, for instance. I sit here with a blank screen, yet I can't keep a thought long enough to wrap my mind around it. Am I distracted? Perhaps. By what? I don't know. Everything is different, lately. Even music sounds different. Am I numb? I feel the tears, welled down behind my eyes. Yet they do not come. I do not feel sad. Do I feel happy? Do I feel?

I miss church. Worship. Jesus feels like a famous person you might see on TV. Or if you get lucky enough to see Him in person, it's in the 232nd row, too far to the left to really make anything out. My Bible sits on my desk under random papers, an envelope, and a camera. Untouched since I don't know when.

I wish I were an artist. Maybe then I could express myself creatively. I want to try getting into photography.

I miss having girlfriends. I miss tea parties, lunches, and shopping.

Can you miss a place that you've never been to? I think I do.

No comments: