Tuesday, May 08, 2007

from the beginning we're all looking for a happy ending

It's an amazing feeling, finding out that your life isn't ruined.

I shouldn't say ruined. I know that if it had happened, then I would have made the best of it and probably not regretted it. Or maybe I would have. Hard to tell. I'm just glad that I'm not going to find out.

God is amazing.

I'm home for the summer, and honestly I'm relieved. I needed time away from "life." I guess you could say. I mean, life still goes on obviously. But this is like a much needed reprieve from everything going on. I'm going to have a good chance to do a lot of growing this summer. Get a good perspective on life, all that jazz. I do know that I need to go back to school in the fall and work my butt off. The grades that I'm making now are not good enough. Especially because I want to go to law school. I need to make more of an effort in my classes.

Meanwhile, I've discovered that I absolutely love the band Sugarland. I've recently gotten both of their albums and I absolutely love them. So I've been listening to them a lot lately. Just thought I'd add that part, don't really know why.

So I'm making a lot of progress. I'm happy with where I am, and for the first time in a while, I'm happy with where I'm going. I've figured out the source of everything that's been dragging me down. And while I've figured out where I need to be, I haven't figured out how to get there. I suppose knowing is half the battle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber,

It sounds like you are working through some things in your life. Good for you. You are growing and moving away from what had been dragging you down. You are so right, in that, once you figure out what is hindering you, and you understand where it is coming from and why, it IS half the battle. So glad you are doing better.

Who do you think is going to go home from American Idol tonight? I think it it will be Lakiesha, but it could also be Blake. I wish for Blake to go all the way, but I do think Jordin will be the next American Idol. What do you think?

Blessings,

Ellie